Saturday, April 13, 2013

why go to church?

in the post before this i stated that i truly wanted to write for Him. it occurred to me that i haven't actually defined the extent of my commitment. should i do it daily, every other day, weekly, or monthly? i honestly don't know the answer to that. i'm no writer and words don't easily come to me. while this maybe taken as me going back on my word, it actually isn't. since i started the walk to learn about jesus, i often come by the message that nothing is an accident. everything happens for a reason, and that we are where we are needed to be.

so.the past few sundays, i've been struggling against laziness and impure thoughts. the mactan heat and sinful thoughts kept me from attending ccf services. i failed to go to church last sunday and 4 sundays ago. the three sundays in between, i went to a service by victory and and that of the interfaith service held at j center mall. in those past sundays, i kept telling myself that i'll miss a lot of things should i decide to skip church. tomorrow or technically a few hours from now, i can't help but think that i will have the same struggle again. i say that because it's 2:13 A.M. and i'm still wide awake, often the precedence of my inability to wake up in the morning. ergo, skip ccf and debate whether to brave the outside heat to go to j center mall in the afternoon.

where was i going with this? hmmm. well, i initially planned to post my ONLY picture when i was 2 years old over at my other blog. but before i could do so, a thought came to me, "humor yourself, vet and check the oldest e-mail you've received." well, the thought came out of nowhere and i just said to myself, "what the heck, why not?" so i did, and this was what i found, a forwarded e-mail dated august 13, 2003 sent by my sister: creepy and then i'm reminded of the message that nothing is an accident. perhaps this is a reminder from the Father. Well, HE knows everything. So, He probably sent me this message beforehand because HE knows that I will have the debate again of whether it's worth the time to go to church or not. now you understand why i fondly called the Father the jokester. i don't mean this as the Father playing a 'literal' joke on me. i just have the notion that HE knows you so much enough to present you little reminders. what do you think?



"Why Go To Church?"

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of the newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all." This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher: I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible > > > and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our > > > spiritual nourishment! > > >

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for dropping by. do leave a message. i'd love to hear from you.